- This event has passed.
Regional Cancer Education Series: Broome – Part 1
19 June @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
About this event
Cancer Council WA Travel Grants for up to $1,000 are available to Health Professionals in the Kimberley region who require financial assistance to attend these events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application details.
Part 1 of 2. A regional spotlight on services, support, and screening for the prevention and early detection of cancer. Please note registration for Part 2 is separate. Please register for Part 2 using this link.
8.30am – Registration
9.00am – Welcome & introductions
9.15am – Presentations (including morning tea and lunch)
- Cancer in the Kimberley
- Addressing key cancer risk factors
- Bowel cancer and screening (Dr Hooi Ee, Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital)
- Finding cancer early
- Optimal care pathways
- Immunotherapy and side effects(Dr Ari Ariyapperuma, SJOG Subiaco)
- Support services
3.00pm – Meeting close
1. Outline the geographical disparities in cancer incidence and outcomes experienced by West Australians living in regional and remote towns
2. Recall the services and support available for people experiencing alcohol and other drug dependencies in the Kimberley
3. Identify who is eligible for the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
4. Describe the common modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for bowel cancer
5. Describe how to access the Find Cancer Early resources available to for health professionals
6. Recognise positive predictive values and their application in supporting clinical investigation and referral
7. Recall the eligibility criteria for a patient to access the Broome TeleChemotherapy service
8. Outline the best cancer care for specific tumour types including breast, lung, bowel, and prostate
9. Identify the common side effects of immunotherapy treatment
10. Outline how the side effects of immunotherapy can commonly be managed
11. Summarise the cancer services and support available in the Kimberley
*Please note these learning outcomes are subject to change.
This education is pending accreditation under the CPD Activity RACGP CPD Program, and ACRRM PDP Program.
For more information, contact GP@cancerwa.asn.au
For more Cancer Council GP education sessions, visit cancerwa.asn.au/professionals/gp/